Skip to content
Health benefits of Lanzones
- Fresh lanzones fruit carries 57 calories per 100 g of edible portion. It has no saturated fats or cholesterol but composes of good amounts of dietary fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Fresh arils contain only a fewer polyphenols antioxidants. However, its skin and seeds contain abundant polyphenols. Quantitative analysis showed that lanzone peel had the highest total flavonoids (213.45 mg quercetin/g dried material) among tropical fruits.
- The fruit is very juicy and refreshing. Its simple sugars, fructose and sucrose, boosts energy and help revitalize through electrolytes, minerals and vitamins.
- Its fresh arils hold small amounts of vitamin-C (just 2 mg/100 g).
- It carries good amounts of dietary fiber, 0.8 g per 100 g. Good fiber diet help control cholesterol levels and body weight.
- Fresh fruits are very good source of B-complex vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and folates. These vitamins are essential since they function by acting as co-factors to help the body metabolize carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
- Further, it also carries small amounts of minerals like calcium (19 mg), phosphorus (31 mg) and iron (0.9 mg). Being a juicy tropical fruit, it holds good amounts of potassium, an important component of cell and body fluids help control heart rate and blood pressure; thus, it offers protection against high blood pressure and stroke.